Friday, August 18, 2006
For the past several years I‘ve been visiting each of the towns in our district. I met many wonderful people. Some were new acquaintances, some were old friends. I sat down with your local officials. I attended events and meetings. I viewed your homes, businesses, schools, playgrounds, fields, forests, waterways and cemeteries. In my travels, I was impressed by how much was similar in each of the four towns. Thoughtful people, growing families, small town rural atmosphere and a concern about the effects of growth on our communities. All four towns are concerned about the increases in property taxes and have active efforts to protect land with conservation easements. We need to continue and expand these efforts if we want to protect and preserve our communities. We need more help from both the state and the federal levels. If I’m elected, I’ll provide the leadership to help improve our efforts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment